The Joel on Software Discussion Group (CLOSED)

A place to discuss Joel on Software. Now closed.

This community works best when people use their real names. Please register for a free account.

Other Groups:
Joel on Software
Business of Software
Design of Software (CLOSED)
.NET Questions (CLOSED)
Fog Creek Copilot

The Old Forum

Your hosts:
Albert D. Kallal
Li-Fan Chen
Stephen Jones

Need a demo, don't know where to start

I contacted some demo companies I found on Google but they're all pretty expensive. Before I hire one, does anyone have advice about deciding the right kind of demo for my situation? It's an innovative B2B solution, pretty revolutionary. I can't say more than that at this point. Are there any advice websites or helpful blogs? Thanks.
Steve Parks Send private email
Friday, May 08, 2009
What do you mean by "demo"?  Why would you hire someone else to write a demo of your product?

Are you talking about a demo/walkthrough type video?
Jason Send private email
Friday, May 08, 2009
Sorry, not a product demo, more like a movie about it. Since it's so new, something that will describe the value proposition. Thanks.
Friday, May 08, 2009

why make a movie when you can write an elaborate, interesting and informative whitepaper about it complete with either screenshots or (if you don't have the system sufficiently complete for this purpose) with CorelDraw renderings of the possible screenshots? If that sounds interesting, I would be happy to help you do it quite inexpensively.
Michael L Send private email
Sunday, May 10, 2009
We need something that's going to capture their attention from blog links and keyword marketing and think an animated demo is the best route. Maybe once we hook them we can provide a white paper. But to grab their attention I need a demo that's going to present the value proposition in 1 or 2 minutes.

I was hoping someone out there knew of a site with examples and best practices.
Tuesday, May 12, 2009

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics