The Joel on Software Discussion Group (CLOSED)

A place to discuss Joel on Software. Now closed.

This community works best when people use their real names. Please register for a free account.

Other Groups:
Joel on Software
Business of Software
Design of Software (CLOSED)
.NET Questions (CLOSED)
TechInterview.org
CityDesk
FogBugz
Fog Creek Copilot

The Old Forum

Your hosts:
Albert D. Kallal
Li-Fan Chen
Stephen Jones

Microsoft Popfly

http://www.popfly.ms/

What do you think about this? It's got all the requisite buzzwords and those ducks with their reflections sure are pretty. It's supposed to be for the MySpace generation who want to create mashups but are too lazy/stupid to learn how to write code.
John Topley Send private email
Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Still waiting for an invite, but from the demo, it looks nothign but impressive.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Looks neat.  A lot like Yahoo Pipes, but with some WPF eye-candy thrown at the interface.
Joel Coehoorn Send private email
Thursday, May 24, 2007

Ooh- just noticed the visual studio add-in, which means popfly could potentially do a lot more than Pipes alone.
Joel Coehoorn Send private email
Thursday, May 24, 2007

Sorry, they already lost me - before I even know what it's about, they want me to create an account and log in. The barrier is too high.

And what's up with the .ms domain? What country did Microsoft just buy?
Mark Ransom Send private email
Thursday, May 24, 2007

"Sorry, they already lost me - before I even know what it's about, they want me to create an account and log in. The barrier is too high."

Classic example of the cause of ageism in IT. The young people leapfrogs the old pretty quickly.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

"And what's up with the .ms domain? What country did Microsoft just buy?"

Montserrat.
John Topley Send private email
Friday, May 25, 2007

"And what's up with the .ms domain? What country did Microsoft just buy?"

Was that your response to 'del.icio.us' too? As much as I think the practice sucks, this is clearly an attempt to combine their branding with web2.0 domain name styling.
Rob Moir Send private email
Friday, May 25, 2007

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics