The Joel on Software Discussion Group (CLOSED)

A place to discuss Joel on Software. Now closed.

This community works best when people use their real names. Please register for a free account.

Other Groups:
Joel on Software
Business of Software
Design of Software (CLOSED)
.NET Questions (CLOSED)
TechInterview.org
CityDesk
FogBugz
Fog Creek Copilot

The Old Forum

Your hosts:
Albert D. Kallal
Li-Fan Chen
Stephen Jones

Web 2.0 Conference - Invite Only?

I was interested in going to the Web 2.0 conference this year, but I don't think I realized it was invite only.  Is it that exclusive?  Will filling out their "please send me and invite form" get me anywhere?  Anyone else going?
? Send private email
Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Which conference are you referring to?
John Topley Send private email
Tuesday, July 11, 2006

? Send private email
Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I don't mind the invite only stuff... but at least give people a date for when the invites will be given out!

Most people I know have to request funding to go to conferences, especially an expensive conference in an expensive city, and not knowing when to have the paperwork submitted to the right people makes it alot harder to go.
Duff Send private email
Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Will probably be full of wankers
Web 3 point turn
Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Web 3 point turn
Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Yeah,
 I wanted to go an this is what they sent me:

Dear Colleague,

Thank you for requesting an invitation to attend the Web 2.0 Conference. We hope to be able to accommodate you at the event. At this time, however, we are still processing outstanding invitations to alumni from our last two events (we're giving them a chance to register first).

We're very sorry for the delay. We will let you know as soon as possible about the status of your request.

Sincerely,

The Web 2.0 team

---------------------
J2EEWoman
Wednesday, July 12, 2006

So, already Web 2.0 has ossified to the point where there is an exclusive A List? What, you can't make a contribution if you came to it sometime after 2005?

What a crock. (And yeah, I'm a Z lister in this particular context.)
Humble Serf
Friday, July 14, 2006

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics