The Joel on Software Discussion Group (CLOSED)

A place to discuss Joel on Software. Now closed.

This community works best when people use their real names. Please register for a free account.

Other Groups:
Joel on Software
Business of Software
Design of Software (CLOSED)
.NET Questions (CLOSED)
TechInterview.org
CityDesk
FogBugz
Fog Creek Copilot

The Old Forum

Your hosts:
Albert D. Kallal
Li-Fan Chen
Stephen Jones

javascript in IE

A long while ago there was a great thread giving the registry key that allows you to disable/enbale flash in IE.  I have been using this to turn flash on and off very quickly when I'm browsing, with a minimum of keystrokes.

Is this also possible with enabling and disabling javascript?  I have experimented with the regsitry keys for the IE options and found reg changes for these options don't take effect until the browser is closed and reopened. 

I say "It can't be done."
Anonymous Send private email
Saturday, October 30, 2004

Kalani Send private email

If you're very brave you could hide the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT entries in the registry that IE uses to create new scripting engines.
Joel Spolsky Send private email

joel, why would you do that? especially since the poster right before you posted a link to exactly the keys needed to do this 'right'.

though i will admit to disableing the old version of the script debugger be deleting it from the registry, since it didn't otherwise properly go away.

p.s. there's probably an API to do this too, look up iinternetsecuritymanager and friends.
mb Send private email
Sunday, October 31, 2004

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics