The Joel on Software Discussion Group (CLOSED)

A place to discuss Joel on Software. Now closed.

This community works best when people use their real names. Please register for a free account.

Other Groups:
Joel on Software
Business of Software
Design of Software (CLOSED)
.NET Questions (CLOSED)
TechInterview.org
CityDesk
FogBugz
Fog Creek Copilot

The Old Forum

Your hosts:
Albert D. Kallal
Li-Fan Chen
Stephen Jones

Joel: FogBugz NIX vs WIN share?

Joel, a personal question.  As a business owner and pundit you probably take this kind of question quite personally.

What, roughly, as broad parts, would you say the share between NIX and WIN custom is for FogBugz?  What did going cross-platform (and rewriting!) give you?  Did you get that investment back?

I guess people who use FogBugz are typically development houses, so might be less WIN- friendly than more general workplaces, but it would still be an interesting stat to give our preconceptions a bit of perspective ;-)
i like i
Monday, October 25, 2004

10% Linux
1% Mac OS X
the rest is Windows
Joel Spolsky Send private email
Monday, October 25, 2004

Thanks Joel,

First the employee count and now this gem. Just so you know, this (new?) openness is highly appreciated by naturally curious types like yours truly.
Just me (Sir to you) Send private email
Monday, October 25, 2004

And today for lunch, we had Pret a Manger.
Joel Spolsky Send private email
Monday, October 25, 2004

Is this french for "snacks from the vending machime", (Ready to eat) ?
Paul B
Monday, October 25, 2004

On a side note, something called "Pret a Manger" sounds, hem, depressing to French ears.
Intentionnally left blank
Monday, October 25, 2004

Four years of spanish, three years of russian, a smattering of japanese and czech, and I hate that I can't even *pretend* to pronounce french...

Philo
Philo [MSFT] Send private email
Monday, October 25, 2004

Pret a manger - awful sandwhich shop.  They have them in london too.  Looks like the inside of a washing machine
Furious George
Tuesday, October 26, 2004

"Looks like the inside of a washing machine"

LOL, true, but the sandwiches are generally good, once you fight your way to the tills.
Nemesis [µISV]
Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Joel,

any idea what % of the NIX versions of FogBugz were new clients (not just previous WIN customers?) that would not have bought FogBugz WIN?

(Man, this board is fast. If you leave it for a day the topics are already down too much for things to still get noticed)
Just me (Sir to you) Send private email
Wednesday, October 27, 2004

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics