.NET Questions (CLOSED)

Questions and Answers on any aspect of .NET. Now closed.

This discussion group is now closed.

Have a question about .NET development? Try stackoverflow.com, a worldwide community of great developers asking and answering questions 24 hours a day.

The archives of .NET Questions contain years of Q&A. Even older .NET Questions are still online, too.

Schedule tasks in web app

I am building an application that needs to perform schedule tasks. (fetch email etc). Most solutions I found were were using windows scheduler and writing a console app or .exe and run it on schedule interval.

However, I was trying to figure out if schedule tasks are possible to run just as web app, if there was no server/console access to configure schedule tasks.

I know Fogbugz has a functionality to fetch emails, I was wondering if anyone know if it was achieved running a windows/server service

I appreciate your help and thanks in advance for any input on this.

Regards
Niraj
Niraj Shah Send private email
Thursday, January 03, 2008

"However, I was trying to figure out if schedule tasks are possible to run just as web app"

The closest you can come to that is to have the functionality implemented as a web service of some sort, and write a little stub script/exe to invoke it. Then schedule the stub.
clcr
Thursday, January 03, 2008

I do all my scheduled tasks in SQL Server.  Good history log and if it fails it sends me an email.
JBrooks Send private email
Saturday, January 05, 2008

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics