.NET Questions (CLOSED)

Questions and Answers on any aspect of .NET. Now closed.

This discussion group is now closed.

Have a question about .NET development? Try stackoverflow.com, a worldwide community of great developers asking and answering questions 24 hours a day.

The archives of .NET Questions contain years of Q&A. Even older .NET Questions are still online, too.

Multi-Column TreeView

I have a site that sells a sortable Multi-Column TreeView for ASP.NET.  Someone (on the "Business of Software" site) had said that they didn't think there was a demand for such a thing.  But I built it because I needed it... twice.  I needed something that would allow my web page to display a directory structure along with file name, date, size, etc.  and to be able to sort by these.  Later I needed it to show Visual Source Safe info in a similar way (file name, last checked-in date, checked-in by, etc.).

Did anyone else ever have requirements like these?  Or did I just randomly get hit by lightning twice?
JBrooks Send private email
Monday, November 05, 2007

I've needed that before (a couple of times) in desktop applications I have developed.  I can see the usefulness in web based apps as well.  I don't think your the only one that has needed it, or that has developed a solution for it.
fair to middlin

I had to use a similar home-grown control for a web app for representing domain objects. It is very usefull for any hierarchical view with extra attributes of each node to be shown as columns. Does your control bind to an XML and can it select/deselect all child nodes in a hierarchy/sub-hierarchy if the parent is checked / unchecked ?

Also what is the performance on large hierarchies, say 5000 nodes and upto 5 levels deep.
nullptr

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics