.NET Questions (CLOSED)

Questions and Answers on any aspect of .NET. Now closed.

This discussion group is now closed.

Have a question about .NET development? Try stackoverflow.com, a worldwide community of great developers asking and answering questions 24 hours a day.

The archives of .NET Questions contain years of Q&A. Even older .NET Questions are still online, too.

WPF 3d animation with XAML

I've been playing with WPF using just XAML markup.  Pretty neat so far. 

But I've yet to find a good example of 3d animation using XAML.  All the animation samples I've found are 2d. 

Any suggestions on where to look?
Jason Send private email
Tuesday, January 30, 2007

You might go over to Charles Petzold's blog. He is writing a new book about Windows 3D Animation with WPF. It isn't due out until this Summer but he has quite a few examples on his site from various blog entries.

Here is a link to a post about the upcoming book. He's been posting things about WPF 3D for at least a couple of months. You might have to search a little bit through his blog but he's got some good stuff.

http://www.charlespetzold.com/blog/2006/12/070343.html
dood mcdoogle

Correction: his book is not specifically about "animation". It is about 3D programming in general. Still, I think that he has some good content.
dood mcdoogle

Yeah, I've looked at his stuff.  His current book covers 2d animation and 3d, but not 3d animation.  I haven't found anything yet that is quite what I'm looking for, but he does have some pretty impressive samples.  I need time to dig into them to figure out how he does it.
Jason Send private email

Charles Petzold is working on a 3D "portion" of the WPF book. Apparently, it was a bit too much to include this content into the published book, plus there was a timing issue as well - he was not able to pull if all off.

I have high confidence that this book will be great. If you're interested into doing it RIGHT NOW, there is an unofficial extra chapter about 3D in Avalaon - it could be found in one of the Charles' post on his WPF blog.
Drazen Dotlic Send private email
Wednesday, January 31, 2007

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics