.NET Questions (CLOSED)

Questions and Answers on any aspect of .NET. Now closed.

This discussion group is now closed.

Have a question about .NET development? Try stackoverflow.com, a worldwide community of great developers asking and answering questions 24 hours a day.

The archives of .NET Questions contain years of Q&A. Even older .NET Questions are still online, too.

simple load test tool

I want to do some very simple load testing on my web app.  Basically I'd like to queue up a list of urls and get some stats about average response times, %errors, etc.  Nothing fancy.

Any suggestions for a good tool to do this with?  I've looked at a couple that seemed like overkill.  I don't want to get bogged down dealing with features that I don't need.
Jason Send private email
Monday, January 08, 2007
There's one included in some versions of Visual Studio 2005.
John Rusk
Monday, January 08, 2007
Monday, January 08, 2007
Maybe this:

But I'm not sure it's in VS2005 anymore. It was in VS2003 Enterprise Edition.
Tuesday, January 09, 2007
This _might_ do _some_ of what you're asking...

Webspeed Simulator

And while it's not "simple", openSTA ( http://www.opensta.org ) will certianly do what you ask.  (and is actually relatively easy to use if you're just doing "record/playback" scenerios and inserting a few timers to gather stats..)

Unfortunately, while there are many promises of "simple load test" tools in my experience they're either one or the other.  Never truly both.  =^)

aaron Send private email
Tuesday, January 09, 2007
The simple out of the box is apachebench. That should give you the stats you need.

If you need to test heavy loads you need to move to something more like Tsung or a tool that will setup a cluster of machines to run the tests from.

If you need to complete forms and not worry that much about load testing Selenium is rather nice.

I also recall there now being a .net version of watir aptly named watin?
Jeff Send private email
Wednesday, January 10, 2007

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics