.NET Questions (CLOSED)

Questions and Answers on any aspect of .NET. Now closed.

This discussion group is now closed.

Have a question about .NET development? Try stackoverflow.com, a worldwide community of great developers asking and answering questions 24 hours a day.

The archives of .NET Questions contain years of Q&A. Even older .NET Questions are still online, too.

VS.Net Macros - Switching Build Configuration

Hi Guys,

I build a macro that builds my application then uses a code protection program to protect the exe file then runs Innosetup builder to build my setup project.  then uploads the setup project to my downloads folder on the website to update the setup file.

What im having a problem with is finding a way to swtich it to Release | AnyCPU for the active configuration.

I need a way to detect if its in Debug | AnyCPU mode and switch to release mode with a macro. then switch it back to Debug mode.

any help or direction is appreciated.

Thanx
Macro
Monday, December 25, 2006

I do not know the way to detect the current state, but you can record a Macro to switch to your desired situation and another one to go back.

Steps:
1. Visual Studio menu Tool, Macros, Record TemporaryMacro.
2. Menu Tool, Macros, Save TemporaryMacro.
3. Edit the macro in the Macro Explorer window (right-click macro name, click Edit)

This is the code you get when switching to Release and the platform Itanium:

Sub TemporaryMacro()
        DTE.ExecuteCommand("Build.SolutionConfigurations", "Release")
        DTE.ExecuteCommand("Build.SolutionPlatforms", "Itanium")
    End Sub
Bernard Vander Beken Send private email
Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Hmm..  I was doing that but it was just recording the opening of the dialog.. with was not recording the swithing of the options.

Thanx my friend.  Will try that later tonight
Macro
Tuesday, December 26, 2006

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics