.NET Questions (CLOSED)

Questions and Answers on any aspect of .NET. Now closed.

This discussion group is now closed.

Have a question about .NET development? Try stackoverflow.com, a worldwide community of great developers asking and answering questions 24 hours a day.

The archives of .NET Questions contain years of Q&A. Even older .NET Questions are still online, too.

acessing ms exchange server using C#

Hi i am new to c# and my new job includes programming with exchange server using C#  can any one tell me where we can get sample codes,tutorial and tips on exchange server using c#.
Thank You
ceveni Send private email
Monday, October 30, 2006

what i mean is i want sample codes how to access exchange server and  what r the settings to be followed...
ceveni Send private email
Monday, October 30, 2006

Depends on what you are trying to do and where you want the code to run. On the exchange server, other server within the same perimeter network, coperate network, internet.

But have a look at CDO...
A simple sample sending email using CDO
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310221

Or without CDO using TCP and the native SMTP RFC
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/articles/20030316.asp
ThMoJe
Monday, October 30, 2006

There is a page on MS's site that outlines what the supported technologies are for access Exchange from .NET.  If you can't find it on Google, send me an email and I'll look it up for you.

Basically, right now, the best supported way is to use WebDAV.  There is another way, but its only supported for code that actually runs on the same box as Exchange.

I've written webDAV client classes.  There is also one that you can buy. (Make sure you get WebDAV for Exchange, not just general purpose webDAV).  I'd suggest buying one if you can afford it.  Again, email me if you can't find a suitable product on Google.

Finally, note that Exchange 2007 will introduce a WebServices API, making all of the above obsolete! :-)
John Rusk Send private email
Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Hello
  Can you please send me where I can get a sample application to retrieve MS Exchange contacts using C#. I am desperately looking for the guidance in this regard. Thanks a lot in advance.
Amogh G.R. Send private email
Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Hello
  Can you please send me where I can get a sample application to retrieve MS Exchange contacts using CDO objects in C#. I am desperately looking for the guidance in this regard. Thanks a lot in advance.
Amogh G.R. Send private email
Tuesday, November 28, 2006

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics