.NET Questions (CLOSED)

Questions and Answers on any aspect of .NET. Now closed.

This discussion group is now closed.

Have a question about .NET development? Try stackoverflow.com, a worldwide community of great developers asking and answering questions 24 hours a day.

The archives of .NET Questions contain years of Q&A. Even older .NET Questions are still online, too.

Dynamically grouping in Crystal Reports from .NET

I just need to be able to group things in a single report by various different columns, chosen by the user at runtime. 

Does anybody know how to do this?  A C# example would be great, but I'll take a VB.NET one too.  I haven't found any good examples online, nor in any of the Crystal books I have in this office.  Thanks in advance.
Joshua Volz Send private email
Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The version of Crystal provided with VS is not the full-featured version which might have the capability you ask for built in. It's worth a look. Of course, Crystal does the most annoying licensing policies that I know of but I think that basically for developers, not users.
Peter Vanderwaart Send private email
Thursday, July 27, 2006

You used to be able to pass params into reports (ex: @Param1) and group on the parameter.  That allowed the controlling program to make grouping dynamic.

HTH
D. Lambert Send private email
Thursday, July 27, 2006

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics