.NET Questions (CLOSED)

Questions and Answers on any aspect of .NET. Now closed.

This discussion group is now closed.

Have a question about .NET development? Try stackoverflow.com, a worldwide community of great developers asking and answering questions 24 hours a day.

The archives of .NET Questions contain years of Q&A. Even older .NET Questions are still online, too.

Installer for Compact Framework

Can anyone recommend an install building program for .Net 2 Compact Framework. The target is a pocket pc 2003 device.

I've got a program that has several dll's & sql mobile. The installer needs to install the CF framework, sql mobile & the application all without ActiveSync.

Currently I'm using activesync with innosetup, but that requires the user to click 'yes' half a dozen times at activesync prompts.

Thanks
Kim
Thursday, July 20, 2006

I haven't used 2003 and CF, but if you want to do it yourself, I think that the way to install multiple CABs is to place them all on the device and include a Setup.dll in the first CAB which you install: when your Setup.dll is then notified that the first CAB has been installed, it then launches an EXE whch invokes wceload.exe repeatedly to install each of the remaining CABs
Christopher Wells Send private email
Thursday, July 20, 2006

Found a good one for anyone who's interested. 
Search for "Spb Airsetup".
-Cheap
-Easy for developer and end user.
-Multiple CABs
-Install via the device's browser.

BTW - This is not a plug, i've no affiliation with them.
Kim
Wednesday, July 26, 2006

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics