.NET Questions (CLOSED)

Questions and Answers on any aspect of .NET. Now closed.

This discussion group is now closed.

Have a question about .NET development? Try stackoverflow.com, a worldwide community of great developers asking and answering questions 24 hours a day.

The archives of .NET Questions contain years of Q&A. Even older .NET Questions are still online, too.

problem with asp.net config on IIS6

Hi,

I'm having a bit of a problem with my first asp.net site.  It works fine running on the server built into VWD Express, but I've tried dropping it on our test server here and its giving me error messages.

Basically our test server has a site exposed to the internet and all demo sites are in folders off that main url so the clients can see them - so for this example it would be "www.ourtestsite.com/dotnettest".

I've dropped the asp.net files into such a folder but when I run it it doesn't seem to be finding my class in the App_Code folder as its giving me the following error message:

Compiler Error Message: CS1501: No overload for method 'Content' takes '3' arguments

Source Error:

Line 35:  string path=Server.MapPath("~/dotnettest/");
Line 36: 
Line 37:  Content htmlBlock = new Content(connStr,id,path);

Now the constructor for my Content class in the App_Code folder definitely takes 3 arguments:

public Content(string ConnStr, string id, string path)
{...}

so I can only assume its not finding the class.

Can anyone shed any light here - I'm the sole dev, I'm used to classic ASP and I'm a bit stuck...

cheers
surreal
Monday, July 17, 2006

once again I seem to have solved my own problem - this place is great as a sounding board, just the very act of asking here seems to magically implant new ideas in my head.  Sorry for taking up threadspace tho'...

For the record, I set the folder up in IIS as an application and it seems to have solved the problem.
surreal
Monday, July 17, 2006

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics