.NET Questions (CLOSED)

Questions and Answers on any aspect of .NET. Now closed.

This discussion group is now closed.

Have a question about .NET development? Try stackoverflow.com, a worldwide community of great developers asking and answering questions 24 hours a day.

The archives of .NET Questions contain years of Q&A. Even older .NET Questions are still online, too.

Welcome! And, Rules

Joel on Software has some incredibly smart readers. In five years it has grown from nothing to millions of visitors every year. And the quality of the conversation in the discussion groups is second to none.

In that spirit, I have opened .NET Questions - a forum for asking questions, and getting answers, about any aspect of .NET programming.

Here are the ground rules:

* Each topic should be a question about .NET programming.

* Free speech, but stay on topic. Questions which aren't about .NET programming will be deleted by the moderator.

* Replies should be answers to the question. Don't drift into conversations about Microsoft's monopoly or the upcoming Gilmore Girls season premiere. It's very exciting; we all can't WAIT to find out if Rory stays with boring Dean or leaves him for exciting (yet dangerous) Jess, but it doesn't go here.

* There is no FAQ. If you ask a question that has been asked before, that is OK and deliberately allowed. No question is too trivial or too "newbie".

* The answer "RTFM" is a waste of time, but it's OK to link to the answer somewhere else. If you type a URL in this forum with a space before and after, it automatically becomes a working hyperlink.
Joel Spolsky Send private email
Monday, June 27, 2005

Are you going to port over the existing question base? Birts of that were quite interesting... If i've caught this in the middle of said process, ignore me, i'll go back to sleep...
Andrew Cherry Send private email
Monday, June 27, 2005

Jess & Dean? What, they don't get modern episodes of Gilmore in NYC!? ;)

Thanks for the move!
Brad Wilson Send private email
Monday, June 27, 2005

Need to fix the link from off topic...
el
Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I posted a problem and it has disappeared. Any chance of seeing if it has been answered?
MikeG
Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Old forum is here:

http://discuss.fogcreek.com/dotnetquestions/

Try reposting here.
el
Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Although a link to the old forum, as in "Joel on Software", would be nice...
el
Wednesday, June 29, 2005

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics