The Design of Software (CLOSED)

A public forum for discussing the design of software, from the user interface to the code architecture. Now closed.

The "Design of Software" discussion group has been merged with the main Joel on Software discussion group.

The archives will remain online indefinitely.

Is it Wise To Aim for 100% NTF ?

I'll start w/the disclaimer that Kevin is both a good friend and co-worker of mine, but I found this both entertaining and useful and I thought people here would appreciate it: http://www.developertesting.com/archives/month200502/20050218-000275.html   

Hope you like it as much as I did.
Jeffrey Fredrick Send private email
Friday, February 18, 2005

Mr. Analogy {ISV} Send private email
Friday, February 18, 2005

Fitnesse has always seemed notionally fictious to me.
son of parnas
Saturday, February 19, 2005

Working for a company that's in the middle of getting ISO 9000 certified, I really appreciated your friend's advice  ;^)
Anony Coward
Saturday, February 19, 2005

Someone modded away my last post on this article. Did the moderator even read the link? It's satire! The whole article is a spoof! FMA recommends you strive for 100% NTF? Follow the links:

FMA - Fictional Metrics Association

NTF - Notional Temperance Factor is a purely fictional metric used for rhetorical purposes.
Anony Coward
Sunday, February 20, 2005

It's more a fable than a spoof. I wanted to write something about the misuse of metrics without getting too caught up in whether a particular metric was useful or not.

Kevin
Kevin Lawrence
Sunday, February 20, 2005

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics