The Design of Software (CLOSED)

A public forum for discussing the design of software, from the user interface to the code architecture. Now closed.

The "Design of Software" discussion group has been merged with the main Joel on Software discussion group.

The archives will remain online indefinitely.

Looking for trial ware creator

Hello all,

We have a VB6 app and are looking for a way to make a 30 day trial package. Has anybody used Trial Creator?

http://www.softwarekey.com/swk_products/trial_creator/

Seems like it is bette to NOT reinvent the wheel so I was thinking about using it. Are there other trialware tools  out there and what are the pluses and minuses. I would really not have anything that hooks into any remote server to manage these things. Are These programs easy to crack?

Bill
Bill Jenkins Send private email
Friday, September 05, 2008

For many years the Zeus IDE has been using AsProtect and it seems to have done a good job at stopping cracks.

Also the Zeus 45 day trial is implemented using the AsProtect API.

I've read that Armadillo is also quite good.
Jussi Jumppanen Send private email
Sunday, September 07, 2008

I've been using Armadillo and I like it. It's easy to set up and supports most trial limitations and restrictions (nags, 30 day trial, limited runs etc.) and many developers use it.

Although as with most of these protections, its unfortunately not that hard to crack for good crackers.
Tor Martin Kristiansen
Thursday, September 25, 2008

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics