The Design of Software (CLOSED)

A public forum for discussing the design of software, from the user interface to the code architecture. Now closed.

The "Design of Software" discussion group has been merged with the main Joel on Software discussion group.

The archives will remain online indefinitely.

Database of label sizes

One of my products prints labels using a standard Avery format.  I would like to allow the user to select from other templates, and basically just need a database containing the label dimensions, margins, etc. to create a wizard as is used in MS Word and other programs.

I assume the label vendors make such a database or listing available, but I would like to find a single source without contacting each vendor if it's available.

Does anyone know of a source for a label dimensions database or spreadsheet?
B2B MicroISV
Saturday, August 09, 2008

Avery has downloadable Word templates (both 2003 & 2007 document formats) on their website.  All you have to do is register.
xampl

Yes, I have access to many templates.  What I'm actually looking for is the raw data used for the templates in order to generate the templates based on the data.  ie.

Label Width, Label Height, Vertical Pitch, Horizontal Pitch
B2B MicroISV

Something like downloads.toweroffice.co.za/label_dimensions.doc  ?
Vee
Sunday, August 10, 2008

Contact Avery.  They must have an SDK or something that would give you this data.  Most labels I've ever used have an Avery compatible label size printed on them - I would guess that they're the de-facto standard for the industry.
Jason Send private email
Sunday, August 10, 2008

Thanks all.  I found the database that Microsoft uses for their label wizard in the office products.  It is global containing 2500 different labels from vendors around the world.
B2B MicroISV
Sunday, August 10, 2008

For the sake of anyone else trying to get the info and doing a search, can you post where you found it?

Thanks.
Ken White Send private email
Monday, August 11, 2008

If you have Access 2007 installed, it's in an access database located at:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ACCWIZ\ACWZUSR12.ACCDU"
B2B MicroISV
Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Thanks for the updated info. :-)
Ken White Send private email
Friday, August 15, 2008

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics