The Design of Software (CLOSED)

A public forum for discussing the design of software, from the user interface to the code architecture. Now closed.

The "Design of Software" discussion group has been merged with the main Joel on Software discussion group.

The archives will remain online indefinitely.

Which license manager do you recommend?

We are replacing our license management system. The one we use is overkill for us, and it costs a LOT!

We need a system that will help keep honest people honest. It doesn't have to be unbeatable. We just would like to let our customers know when their license has expired, or if the number of concurrent users is too big.

We should be able to build something like this ourselves, but it would be nice if there already was a suitable product out there.

Any recommendations?
Anton
Monday, June 30, 2008

This might fall into the realm of overkill, but Microsoft's Software Licensing and Protection Services offers a couple of different usage models.  Perhaps one of them would be suitable for your application.

http://www.microsoft.com/slps/

Note that this is more suitable for activating software, as opposed to throttling concurrent users.
Ahmed El-Ramly Send private email
Monday, June 30, 2008

glen harvy Send private email
Monday, June 30, 2008

The last thing I used was one of Aladdin's products (HASP, I think). They have a variety of available systems at different price ranges.
Michael Kohne Send private email
Thursday, July 03, 2008

Thanks, guys! I'll check them out.
Anton
Monday, July 07, 2008

Henrik Goldman Send private email
Friday, July 11, 2008

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics