The Design of Software (CLOSED)

A public forum for discussing the design of software, from the user interface to the code architecture. Now closed.

The "Design of Software" discussion group has been merged with the main Joel on Software discussion group.

The archives will remain online indefinitely.

Is this loading right?

I have a question related to cashing of a webpage.
I dont rightly know if this page is loading properly or not, http://www.widgetplus.com/start.htm

I use a setimeout to prevent conflicts, so that all of it loads in order, but I only know for sure that this works on my machine, and a few others that I have tested.
Does anyone have problems with parts of the site not loading, and so, what parts?
Thanks.
Mikael Bergkvist Send private email
Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Doesn't do anything if JavaScript is disabled.  Just sits there claiming to be loading a demo.  At minimum it should give me some indication of where I'm at, what it's about, and hint that JS should be enabled to see everything.

Not so sure a picture of a woman in lingerie as pseudo-ad is something I want to bring up at work either.
Dan Fleet Send private email
Wednesday, June 18, 2008

That picture is switchable by users under 'settings' so a visitor must have uploaded it and added it. You are dead right about it sending the wrong signals, and I'll change that.
It's also true I should add a notification that javascript needs to be enabled. Thanks.
Mikael Bergkvist Send private email
Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I see the "Demo" button and a landing page now with JS disabled.  Clicking on Demo does take me to a page where things appear to load from the top down, which is nice.

Refreshing the page, though, takes me back to the landing page.
Dan Fleet Send private email
Thursday, June 19, 2008

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics