The Design of Software (CLOSED)

A public forum for discussing the design of software, from the user interface to the code architecture. Now closed.

The "Design of Software" discussion group has been merged with the main Joel on Software discussion group.

The archives will remain online indefinitely.

ASP .NET Web Form Generation Software

We're looking for an ASP.NET web page generation software to faciliate more rapid development. 

Any suggestions?
anon-reply
Thursday, April 03, 2008

Take a look at "ASP.NET Dynamic Data", I'm not sure if it's any good, but I believe it provides a scaffolding framework.
Nigel Sampson Send private email
Thursday, April 03, 2008

Scaffolding may suit your needs but usually they are intended as temporary pages to be made into real one later on. Also - if you are not on .net v3.5 + asp.net extensions you won't be able to go there.
Depending on many factors (that only you know/really understand regarding your env) you may find that creating a solid page/code behind then reverse engineering it into a code gen template yourself is not a bad option (e.g. 'code smith' or 'my generation'). That way at least it will be using your standards etc. Again, I would still only use this as a kick start which you then add to/modify.
Paul Kohler Send private email
Thursday, April 03, 2008

I havent used this tool, but you can check it out. It doesnt build asp.net forms from a datbase , but it allows quick form design using winforms and spits out asp.net with ajax.

There are also starting to spit out silverlight apps.]

http://www.visualwebgui.com/
Anon cause I fear the real world
Thursday, April 03, 2008

The latest version of Ironspeed is quite nice.
Mark Pearce Send private email
Friday, April 04, 2008

Roman Send private email
Friday, April 04, 2008

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics