The Design of Software (CLOSED)

A public forum for discussing the design of software, from the user interface to the code architecture. Now closed.

The "Design of Software" discussion group has been merged with the main Joel on Software discussion group.

The archives will remain online indefinitely.

Crystal Report Server

I'm really confused and Crystals website is so unclear.
We need to design reports using Crystal reports; what I don't understand - when do I need to have the Crystal server or what advantages does it have over the Crystal Designer?
Can anybody clarify things for me.
Thanks.
James B.
Tuesday, November 20, 2007

If you are just making a report and displaying it within your application you can do this with CR Developer edition

Monday, November 26, 2007

Isn't Developer Edition rather similar to SQL Server Developer Edition where it has almost all the capabilities but you need a full license to use it in a commercial applications?

Anyways, would the version of Crystal Reports bundled with Visual Studio work for this?
Nate Send private email
Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Crystal Reports Server is designed to be the central repository and hosting system for all of your reports in an enterprise environment.  It can process them on a schedule, and publish the resulting reports for your network users to view.

Crystal Server has nothing at all really to do with the Crystal Reports Designer, apart from allowing you to store your reports there, making them and function modules you have written available easily to other Crystal Reports developers in your organization.
Dennis Bottaro Send private email
Wednesday, November 28, 2007

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics