The Design of Software (CLOSED)

A public forum for discussing the design of software, from the user interface to the code architecture. Now closed.

The "Design of Software" discussion group has been merged with the main Joel on Software discussion group.

The archives will remain online indefinitely.

Best, cheapest way to do simple calendaring function on website

My church recently asked me if I would add a simple calendaring function to their website where choir members would be able to indicate which days they would be singing at church services and which days they would be out.

So can anyone give me their opinion on what would be the easiest and cheapest (I know there are 3rd party .net controls out there) way to add some very basic scheduling capabilities to an asp.net site? 

Basically I just need to be able to display a representation of a calendar and allow registered users to sign up/remove themselves from a day/time.  Don't need to do any complicated scheduling or conflict resolution or  meeting requests or anything like that.  I know I could manually code that up, but wanted to see if there were any better alternatives before I re-invent the wheel.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Paul Stock Send private email
Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Google's on-line apps thing is free for up to 50(???) users and allows you to share callendars. You can even set it up as a sub-domain of your real domain - eg. cal.mychurch.org.
Syd Send private email
Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Resharper is great.  It was written for C#, but I understand  they support VB.NET now.
Brian Leach Send private email

Sorry, that reply was meant for another topic. Now, why didn't the spellchecker find that?
Brian Leach Send private email

A buddy of mine uses a free service on his website...maybe this might be useful:
http://www.localendar.com/elsie
Jason Send private email
Saturday, October 27, 2007

MT Heart
Sunday, November 04, 2007

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics