The Design of Software (CLOSED)

A public forum for discussing the design of software, from the user interface to the code architecture. Now closed.

The "Design of Software" discussion group has been merged with the main Joel on Software discussion group.

The archives will remain online indefinitely.

2D CAD Library/ Engine for MFC/ C++

HI All,

I'm currently developing a software for 2D CAD to read, write and displaying (Zooming, Panning and Selection) DXF , DWG and Image view. However the data i want to display is massive and so dense ( around 50.000 - 200.000 object ) So i need a good Display Engine for my project. I build the project with MFC and C++ and some GUI Toolkit component.

Does anyone knows how can i get that kind of engine for C++/MFC? i know there are some good engine, but has been built on C# technology. I also know te library from LeadTool, but somehow, this library is not fast enough to display my project.

any comment will be appreciate.

regards,
CAD anon Send private email
Thursday, October 04, 2007

You are probably looking at a scenegraph.
Openscenegraph has pretty good support, opensg is supposed to be more cad-like but i haven't used it.
Martin Send private email
Thursday, October 04, 2007

Look at NVSG and OpenSG. They are both used heavily in CAD/Virtual prototyping applications.

Openscenegraph is for vissim.
Friday, October 05, 2007

Not free or cheap and I don't work for them but I use their product at work.  HOOPS.  www.hoops3d.com.  Good support and all round good performance for a 3D library.  It's not perfect but nothing is in this field.
Robbert de Groot (aka Zekaric) Send private email
Friday, October 05, 2007

hanks all
CAD anon
Friday, October 05, 2007

HI Robbert de Groot,

May i know the pricing for that? i check the website and it was very promising :)
CAD anon Send private email
Friday, October 05, 2007

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics