The Design of Software (CLOSED)

A public forum for discussing the design of software, from the user interface to the code architecture. Now closed.

The "Design of Software" discussion group has been merged with the main Joel on Software discussion group.

The archives will remain online indefinitely.

Apache Combined Log please

Hi,

I've developed a log resource monitor aimed at usage by mISV's and released it for IIS log formats but need to implement Apache log format reading.
I have all the log format specs and just need a "real world" log to test it with.
Could someone please be kind enough to send me a copy of their Apache Combined Log as downloaded from their hosting site or obviously their own site.
It needn't be the whole log - just enough for me to test with - say the first 100 or so lines.
Thanks,
Glen Harvy Send private email
Monday, July 16, 2007

Any particular format? You are aware that there is no fixed log-format in Apache, I assume.
Jeroen
Tuesday, July 17, 2007

There seems to be an accepted "standard" for apache log analysers and that seems to be the "Combined Log Format" which to them means the "out-of-the-box" apache log setup plus Referer and User-Agent. If I need to I can probably program in a pretty good guess at what each field holds.

Anyhow, *any* apache log will do me for testing purposes at this stage.

My address is glen@aquarius+com+au

Thanks.
Glen Harvy Send private email
Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Why don't you install Apache somewhere and generate some logs yourself?

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics