The Design of Software (CLOSED)

A public forum for discussing the design of software, from the user interface to the code architecture. Now closed.

The "Design of Software" discussion group has been merged with the main Joel on Software discussion group.

The archives will remain online indefinitely.

Export to Visio

I need a nudge in the right direction. I have a program that creates some hierarchal object relation data for users (think flowcharts), and I want to give them the option of exporting the flowcharts to some type of data that Visio can import and replicate the flowcharts from. I'm using C#
SCADA Guy
Thursday, February 01, 2007

If your end users will be moving to Office 2007 in the near future you might check out the Visual Studio 2005 Tools for Office Second Edition. I believe it provides support for creating and editing Visio diagrams.
Tim
Thursday, February 01, 2007

If the user has Visio installed you should be able to use OLE Automation to 'drive' Visio, including file creation. I am thinking of doing something similar for Excel. OLE is pretty hideous though.
Andy Brice Send private email
Friday, February 02, 2007

You probably want to look around MSDN for "XML for Visio". It was developed for just this sort of thing.
Nick Hebb Send private email
Friday, February 02, 2007

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics