The Design of Software (CLOSED)

A public forum for discussing the design of software, from the user interface to the code architecture. Now closed.

The "Design of Software" discussion group has been merged with the main Joel on Software discussion group.

The archives will remain online indefinitely.

Recommends on web event calendar

I'd like recommendations for an ASP.NET (AJAX) based event calendar with email reminder.  I'm interested in something that displays in a full page instead of a small popup. 

I have a web app with two panes.  I'll put the calendar link in the left pane.  When a user clicks it, the full month or what ever view displays in the right pane.  User's can click a date to setup a reminder.  If it is SQL Server based, that's even better although I'm not sure how these store information in general.  If you have ever come across something similar, I'd like to hear about it.  Thanks.
Snorkel
Sunday, January 14, 2007

Google Calendar?

My wife uses it and seems to be happy with it.  You can even view Scoble's calendar... he just has the details of the events as private.
KC Send private email
Sunday, January 14, 2007

The OP is looking for a .NET calendar control that he can use in his web app.
John Topley Send private email
Sunday, January 14, 2007

Wow, completely missed the "an ASP.NET (AJAX)" part... my bad.  ;)
KC Send private email
Sunday, January 14, 2007

I just spent a few weeks finding the same thing.

Infragistics has a good calendar module, but unfortunately there is no way to put anything but plain text in the day cells and there is no way to override the event that renders a day.  We are currently using the Quickwebsoft calendar which is very good.
Sassy Send private email
Monday, January 15, 2007

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics