A public forum for discussing the design of software, from the user interface to the code architecture. Now closed.
I'm new to VB .Net but have been a Delphi developer for years. I don't know where to find components for VB.Net or which ones are good.
We desperately need to improve our software's capability to store images. Here is what we need:
- User clicks the Images tab of a master file's form and a grid (this is easy) showing the names of stored images for that record is displayed. To the right of the grid is a thumbnail or reduced-size image of the currently highlighted row in the grid. Double-clicking on the image or the grid row displays the image in a larger viewing form.
- A "new" button allows the user to add a new image for the record by selecting it from a standard Windows FileOpen dialog. The image is stored in the Microsoft SQL Server 2000 database, and the toolkit automatically creates a second, thumbnail sized image.
- The user doesn't need to be able to modify the image - only display it.
- The toolkit should display the image in its original aspect ratio: no "stretching."
- The component's Viewer tool should allow zooming and panning of the image so the user can look at details or zoom out to see the entire image.
Are there any inexpensive tools available that will accomplish this?
Hi Karl. I assume you're looking for something like LeadTools but maybe cheaper. I don't have any experience with it, but I have many times seen ImageEn recommended as an inexpensive alternative to LeadTools when using Delphi. Seems like a lot of people who have used both actually prefer ImageEn. And there is a .NET version of ImageEn that is less than $100, which is a fraction of the price of LeadTools:
This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.Other recent topics
Powered by FogBugz