The Design of Software (CLOSED)

A public forum for discussing the design of software, from the user interface to the code architecture. Now closed.

The "Design of Software" discussion group has been merged with the main Joel on Software discussion group.

The archives will remain online indefinitely.

Books related to AJAX

Hi,
I am looking for book on AJAX,which will explain in depth about this technology,with examples.Any suggestions?
jam
Saturday, September 16, 2006

AJAX in Action is good.
JW
Saturday, September 16, 2006

I've read Professional AJAX, which has typical Wrox Press quality, but the libraries and code examples were very good for direction (they were also platform/language agnostic, which is good to see).

I'm just starting Pragmatic AJAX, which is from the earliest "collective" programmers of the movement (ajaxian.com).  It's more step-by-step based, which may slow you down a bit compared to the other book if you have decent JavaScript experience.

-Matt
Matt Lavallee Send private email
Sunday, September 17, 2006

I though Ajax in Action was a pretty good book, but once you've discovered an xhr facade, there are only so many variations of:
new Ajax.Request(url,callback);

More important are the UI issues attached to it's use, so a good book on javascript and one on usability are probably more useful.
G Jones
Sunday, September 17, 2006

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics