The Design of Software (CLOSED)

A public forum for discussing the design of software, from the user interface to the code architecture. Now closed.

The "Design of Software" discussion group has been merged with the main Joel on Software discussion group.

The archives will remain online indefinitely.

How to "re-brand" HTML pages

I'm looking for a software similar to eBook re-branding software, you know, the ones that lets you put tags in the ebook where people can enter their text and thus have a branded eBook.

The eBook generator compiles html files and converts them to an exe file that the branding software can put tags in, and when it is branded by a user it is saved as a branded exe file.

Is it possible to convert the branded eBook exe file back to the original html files, but with the branded text?

I'm looking for a simple way like this to make branding or customizing of html files possible for people with no tech skills at all.

Does such a software exist? Or can it be made? Can it include text areas where people can enter longer text lines and paragraphs and have it come out at predefined places on an html page?

I would appreciate any information on how and where to get such a software or if anyone could make it for me.

Thanks,
Finn
Finn Heitmann Send private email
Monday, September 11, 2006

Just use a server-side language (PHP, ASP, etc) and pull the branded info from a database or file.

And no, you can't decompile the EXE to get the branded HTML files back.
Eric D. Burdo Send private email
Monday, September 11, 2006

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics