The Design of Software (CLOSED)

A public forum for discussing the design of software, from the user interface to the code architecture. Now closed.

The "Design of Software" discussion group has been merged with the main Joel on Software discussion group.

The archives will remain online indefinitely.

Delicious tags

HA!  You learn something every day!

After posting in the thread below me, I just now found that delicious *does* what I just said it didn't - intersections.

As it turns out, each of the "related tags" are actually two links.  The tag itself takes you to the broad category, the "+" will interset that tag with your current one.  Who would have guessed?  I, like probably most users, assumed that the + was a bullet point or something, not a whole damn different function!  It would seem to me they ought to have the entire " + <tag>" do an intersection; which I'd venture is what most people would want to do.

I wonder how many other newbie del.icio.us users never discovered this essential feature and consequentally dismissed the product as useless hype?
Cory R. King
Saturday, August 19, 2006

Hey Cory!

I have just pointed that to you on that thread, i didnt see you have already discovered it for yourself...!

I dont know if many people don't notice that feature, i don't work on the IT/web business, so i pretty much don't know anyone that uses it, besides me.

Del.icio.us is great because of the tag intersections. Without it, tags would be indeed a much worse version of folders.

- Paulo
Paulo Diniz Send private email
Tuesday, August 22, 2006

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics