The Design of Software (CLOSED)

A public forum for discussing the design of software, from the user interface to the code architecture. Now closed.

The "Design of Software" discussion group has been merged with the main Joel on Software discussion group.

The archives will remain online indefinitely.

WordML to WordDoc

Hey again!

I posted up some weeks ago about creating Word Documents within PHP. Based on a number of templates. What I decided to do was to save the templates in XML form and manipulate them that way. This has worked very well so far.

The only problem I'm having now is converting them to .doc format. I have a function xml2doc() that creates a word object, opens the word XML and then saves it as a .doc file. I did this because I thought I would also be able to send a print command but no luck!

When I run this function it takes over 20seconds for one document and thats quite slow, does anyone know of any server side convertion tools floating about?

Many Thanks
Talib Kweli
Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Aspose have been promising WordML support in their Aspose.Words component "in a few" months for about 3 years now!

Which is a shame as they do excellent components - I've used Aspose.Words before and thought it was great.

http://www.aspose.com/Products/

Perhaps you could try asking them when they expect to support WordML.
arethuza Send private email
Wednesday, August 09, 2006

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics