The Design of Software (CLOSED)

A public forum for discussing the design of software, from the user interface to the code architecture. Now closed.

The "Design of Software" discussion group has been merged with the main Joel on Software discussion group.

The archives will remain online indefinitely.

Is this easy?

This is a page that recieved some critique from users and I've sought advice here about the overall setup/design earlier, and I got excellent advice. (we are working with a new page as a result)

- http://www.xinteleport/howto.htm

But is this framework really is as easy to understand and set up as we think it is?
We tried to make it as foolproof and as dead simple as one of those instant cameras that where sold during the 80's.
We are kinda hoping that we achieved that goal.
Mikael Bergkvist Send private email
Sunday, August 06, 2006

Server not responding.
Stan
Sunday, August 06, 2006

Sure it is.
Sunday, August 06, 2006

It's my bad link.. I forgot the ".com".
It should read: http://www.xinteleport.com/howto.htm

*Ehum* (^-^);;
Sunday, August 06, 2006

Don't know.

But prestanda is not an english word, seems to be german? What's it mean?
Art Wilkins
Sunday, August 06, 2006

Thanks for pointing that out.
It should be 'performance'. (^-^);;
Sunday, August 06, 2006

I'm trying to guess what this means, because the writing is so incredibly bad.  It's full of spelling errors, punctuation errors, poor sentence structure, poor grammar, poor formatting, etc.  You really need a native English speaker to rewrite the page.  In addition, you need to clearly separate out these ideas:

1. What's the purpose of Xin?  Who would be interested? Is this only for developers?  Is it also for users?  Should system administrators install it?

2. How is it different from other approaches?  Or is it really the same as other approaches?

3. How is it compatible with .Net?  Or is it not compatible with .Net?

Taking my best guess at what was meant, the technical idea seems excellent.  I'd love to find out what it was all about, if it was easy to read.
Flow
Sunday, August 06, 2006

I must confess I read Flow's post before going to your site.

I spent no more than ten seconds there - Flow is right.  You need someone who knows how to write English.

I'd be happy to help if you'll contact me via e-mail.
Karl Perry Send private email
Sunday, August 06, 2006

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics