The Design of Software (CLOSED)

A public forum for discussing the design of software, from the user interface to the code architecture. Now closed.

The "Design of Software" discussion group has been merged with the main Joel on Software discussion group.

The archives will remain online indefinitely.

Visual Studio 6

Major Problem:
    Have been using VS6 for a while.  Currently have a project that runs 45-50 files.  Unmfortunately, as I try t0o makme changes and improvements, the project reports that the first two files are coded to produce a .pch file(pre-compiled header).  It will not sork.  If yu destry the first file, it is then the next two files.  Will follow you all the way down the list.  Have tried changing machines, have tried moving files into another project and moving to a new project.  Nothing!

It may be that working with the Project "Settings" in the tab for C++ could help.  (I have no direct access to the MSFT data to make edits).  The troubole with so9me of the data therein is that it is written in gibberish.  I have no way to know what the gibberish is trying to tell the machine what to do.

I have tried a number of things without any luck.

Can anyone tell me where the code for that stuff is written and explained (I've been thru about 10000 pages of stuff), or give me a clue as to what to do to get the project to work?

If I can't find help I've been had!  Thanks in advance.

Bob Bailey
Robert L Bailey Send private email
Monday, July 03, 2006

Sorry guys, had a bit of stroke in my right hand -- don't always get the corrections made!

Bob Bailey
Robert L Bailey Send private email
Monday, July 03, 2006

Project -> Settings -> select individual source files in the left tree, and turn off precompiled headers?
onanon
Friday, July 07, 2006

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics