The Design of Software (CLOSED)

A public forum for discussing the design of software, from the user interface to the code architecture. Now closed.

The "Design of Software" discussion group has been merged with the main Joel on Software discussion group.

The archives will remain online indefinitely.

integrating .NET and JMS

.. so the issue is to set up an efficient communication channel between a .NET client and a JMS based network service (it does database queries based on incoming messages and reports the results). I need something that I can effortlessly plug into my local .NET application and set up an efficient connection with the remote service. I have investigated various possible solutions such as the Codemesh JMS Courier and JNBridgePro. However, I'm not entirely sure which package has the optimum payoff between direct cost, ease of implementation and actual real-life performance. Or perhaps I'm barking at the wrong tree, maybe JMS isn't the best messaging solution between Java and .NET after all? I appreciate all suggestions and comments.
Stanislav_Lem
Monday, June 26, 2006

JMS is a messaging /API/, not an implementation. Your .NET client can only interract with a remote JVM at the protocol level (unless you have some really deep magic). So I suggest you settle on a protocol, and then create a JMS implementation that uses the same protocal as you client.
Matt.
Thursday, July 06, 2006

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics