The Design of Software (CLOSED)

A public forum for discussing the design of software, from the user interface to the code architecture. Now closed.

The "Design of Software" discussion group has been merged with the main Joel on Software discussion group.

The archives will remain online indefinitely.

Bounds Checker crashes VS 2003 if .NET application debugged

Bounds Checker crashes VS 2003 if .NET application debugged.
The same time native application running well.
It crashes even if Bounds Checker off. The problem appears on two computers (windows 2000) with Bounds Checker 7.1 and 7.2. Somebody faced this problem before?
Oleg
Wednesday, May 17, 2006

It used to crash VS6 as well.
cipher
Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Stop complaining.  Its a feature, not a bug.  You got it for free and should have paid something to get it. 

The odds are that Microsoft will do something right by accident eventually.  Doing the wrong thing so often over so many re-writes has to be by design.  After all shouldn't software crash at the worst possible moment to prove how important it is to pay for updates?  So it makes your software crash when your customer tries to use it?  Simply sell him the next revision.  Just make sure it crashes too.  Its the Microsoft way.

I found a way to get reliable results from VS 1.0, 2.0, 4.0 and 5.0.  I have rejected every version of VS since as being without significant merit or utility.  They are neither worth the effort nor cost.  Microsoft says they are sending me a free copy of VS 2005. The price is right so I will try using it but expect simply more of the same. 

PS:  I am not against Microsoft as such.  I simply am aganst paying for crappy software again and again and again.  Once is more than enough.
Lionell K. Griffith Send private email
Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The company I used to work for paid for it as part of Compuware's suite 'O' stuff.
cipher
Wednesday, May 17, 2006

You should have gotten a support contact number with your yearly license of the Compuware stuff.  Give them a call -- I had to the other day, and they were knowledgable and helpful.

[rant]
Which they damned well ought to be, considering what you pay for their stuff....
[/rant]
example Send private email
Wednesday, May 17, 2006

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics