The Design of Software (CLOSED)

A public forum for discussing the design of software, from the user interface to the code architecture. Now closed.

The "Design of Software" discussion group has been merged with the main Joel on Software discussion group.

The archives will remain online indefinitely.

I have decided to implement my application using TDD is a wondows forms based application..and i will be using MVP pattern..but my confusion is should I exclusively first focus on creating domain classes..without thinking about view and presenter.. first story is users should be able to create itinerary having activities for each day..i know what domain objects i need..
Itinerary --collection of ItineraryDays etc..should i then just concentrate on how these classes interact without thinking about how view and presenter will interact?
vishy Send private email
Saturday, May 13, 2006
You might try implementing a vertical slice of your application to get started.

Just create two forms -- one for listing Itinaries, and one for editing/creating a single Itinary.  Also create all the classes underneath, all the way down to the database.

Afterwards, expand laterally, and refactor as needed.
Example Send private email
Saturday, May 13, 2006
does it mean if i require classes like hotel,vendors,transport i should start creating them..when implementing a story..for example..on day 1 user selects a hotel to i dont hav a hotel class.should i mock one..or create one..??..because this hotel will hav lot of cuntionality like roomtype,rate,meals etc..
vishy Send private email
Tuesday, May 23, 2006

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics