The Design of Software (CLOSED)

A public forum for discussing the design of software, from the user interface to the code architecture. Now closed.

The "Design of Software" discussion group has been merged with the main Joel on Software discussion group.

The archives will remain online indefinitely.

Three Feature Lists

A while ago, I remember reading an article on how to split your feature list into three feature lists based on the "required-ness" of those features.  The "A list" being "absolutely required" (it wouldn't be a potato masher without mashing), the "B list" being "nice to have" (autoamatic potato-detection and mashing), and the "C list" being basically chrome (plays the first bar of Dixie when mashin' a potato).

I intended to circulate this article to members of my team, but I can't seem to find it.  I thought Joel had written it, although I can't find it.  Any clue where I've read this?
Dan Hulton Send private email
Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Must Have, Should Have, Could Have?

This might have been Steve McConnell?
Cade Roux Send private email
Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Kyralessa Send private email
Wednesday, May 10, 2006

There's a similar discussion in Scott Berkun's "The Art Of Project Management: How To Make Things Happen", in one of the sample chapters that's out on the web.  Uses cars instead of potato mashers...

http://www.scottberkun.com/books/artofpm/
rkj Send private email
Sunday, May 21, 2006

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics