The Design of Software (CLOSED)

A public forum for discussing the design of software, from the user interface to the code architecture. Now closed.

The "Design of Software" discussion group has been merged with the main Joel on Software discussion group.

The archives will remain online indefinitely.

web framework with a good i18n (translation) system?

Over the last months I've spent some time reading about and tinkering with various CMS/frameworks, but I just haven't found what I'm looking for. (I've written a description of what that is here : http://engoi.backpackit.com/pub/466112 ).

I'd be very interested to know about a framework that gets close to this.

Dammit, I might have to go check out ROR again ...
revert my buffer
Tuesday, February 21, 2006

One of the things that Rails definitely isn't good at is i18n.
John Topley Send private email

I just went to look at teh "globalize" pages. Actually found a question from half a year back of mine there. Went to join the mailing list, managed to subscribe, but can find no reference anywhere of how to actually post to it (just emailing it seems not to work). Anyhow, it doesn't look that impressive there - the mail I got after subscribing is a mess.

Their database layout seems to have no support for timestamping content/translations anyhow which means they're a fair way away from what I need.
revert my buffer

I think I judged plone too soon. They seem to have some great support. Not sure if they support the timestamping thing though.
revert my buffer

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics