The Design of Software (CLOSED)

A public forum for discussing the design of software, from the user interface to the code architecture. Now closed.

The "Design of Software" discussion group has been merged with the main Joel on Software discussion group.

The archives will remain online indefinitely.

.NET 2.0 Composite Application Block (CAB)

I am looking at developing a new WinForm App and considering using CAB.

Has anyone used it ? If so, would you use it again? Are there better alternatives out there.

Thanks in advance for your wisdom..
Douglas Boyce Send private email
Friday, February 17, 2006

Same boat here ... we've barely scratched the surface of design / experimentation but it sure looks promising.  The idea of standardizing looke and feel via functional widgets almost ala portal is powerful. 

I hope someone's got some experience with this ... maybe even post some screenshots other than those touted (i.e. Dell call center, MS help desk thingy, etc.)
brad Send private email
Friday, February 17, 2006

We have been converting a Document Management application to CAB and we must confess it has been quite a pleasure to work with.

The dependency injection provided by the ObjectBuilder library and the extendable user interface items are very useful mechanisms. Want a menu item for a new module? Just register it in the main menu. Want a new tab in a properties window? Just extend the work item and add you user control to the tab workspace.
Bruno Silva Send private email
Monday, February 20, 2006

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics