The Design of Software (CLOSED)

A public forum for discussing the design of software, from the user interface to the code architecture. Now closed.

The "Design of Software" discussion group has been merged with the main Joel on Software discussion group.

The archives will remain online indefinitely.

Biometric Access Database

As an Access Developer, I think MS Access is one of the most flexible database products ever designed.

Although it is limited in that it is not designed to be used as a web-based database solution, I have found that this product has allowed me enormous flexibility in constructing small-scale database solutions.

I know you can’t find it in ANY books out today, but did you know it's even possible to construct biometric MS Access databases?

If there is enough interest in this post, I will reveal how this is possible in a follow-up post.

I am an Access database developer evolving to vb.net and SQL Server Express. My question is, what do you think about MS Access as an overall database product?
Brice Richard Send private email
Thursday, December 01, 2005

Don't know what you mean by Biometric Database.

Anyhow, access is a pretty amazing tool.

To get database supported gui application up and running is very quick & easy & CHEAP! Several times cheaper than VB ever was.

A lot of people bag Access, but that just tends to be ignorance of it's designed purpose or of the features it contains.

<RANT>
  Access is not a 'Toy'. Does a toy let you computerise a business process for 10-20% the cost of any other tool. Then modify and change it as easily.
</RANT>
Kim
Thursday, December 15, 2005

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics