The Design of Software (CLOSED)

A public forum for discussing the design of software, from the user interface to the code architecture. Now closed.

The "Design of Software" discussion group has been merged with the main Joel on Software discussion group.

The archives will remain online indefinitely.

Service Startup

There's a service on my WinXP PC called Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC) that is apparently necessary for the PC to find my router. Anyway, it is marked 'Startup Automatic', but it never starts automatically, I always have to do it by hand. Any idea why this is, anyone?

Well, its actually my wife's PC, and what really happens is she either gets my son to do it for her or just bitches about how unreliable Email is, etc. etc. etc.

Sorry to be using JOS as my personal Microsoft Support Forum, but the truth is it works a lot better than the real one.
NetFreak Send private email
Friday, October 28, 2005

You might want to look at the support forums for the wireless card itself.  It may need to be reinstalled because it wasn't properly put into your registry or start-up folders.

Do you have anti-spyware software or anti-virus/firewall software blocking changes to startup entries in your registry?
Ben Mc Send private email
Friday, October 28, 2005

The Event Viewer might also be an interesting place to see why that service didn't start
Alexis MICHEL Send private email
Friday, October 28, 2005

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics