The Design of Software (CLOSED)

A public forum for discussing the design of software, from the user interface to the code architecture. Now closed.

The "Design of Software" discussion group has been merged with the main Joel on Software discussion group.

The archives will remain online indefinitely.

Building Reports

I am running MySQL on a Linux box and need to display reports to an internal group of users.  I need to display the reports in a browser window.  The report will need to display both graphics (pie charts, bar graphs, etc) along with tabular information.  The reports must by dynamic so that all I have to worry about it the formating and when the user views the report the information is filled in.  What would you recommend tool wise?
CaliforniaCoder Send private email
Tuesday, October 25, 2005

There are a whole slew of report engines on SourceForge based on the JasperReports format.  My favorite is OpenReports for creating, formatting and displaying the reports and ORDesigner for creating the Jasper XML.
Steve Moyer Send private email

It kills me that we continue to keep having to solve this same problem over and over. You would think that by now data reporting would be pretty cut and dry. But alas... we continue to have to reinvent the wheel or pay for third party solutions to age old problems. **Sigh**
Turtle Rustler

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics