The Design of Software (CLOSED)

A public forum for discussing the design of software, from the user interface to the code architecture. Now closed.

The "Design of Software" discussion group has been merged with the main Joel on Software discussion group.

The archives will remain online indefinitely.

DB2

I need to find some sort of simple DB2 client by which to test / examine a small DB2 stored procedure that a customer just handed me.

It contains some features that apparently only exist DB2's SQL & doesn't run under MS, Sybase or Oracle. It doesn't actually even access the database, it does all its stuff with local variables.

I spent an hour downloading a mammoth SDK from IBM, and found something called 'Developer Center', but this looks like a full-blown IDE, what I really want is a simple DB2 equivalent of Query Analyzer or ISQL. Any thoughts appreciated.
NetFreak Send private email
Tuesday, October 04, 2005

If you dont want to do the whole db2 client stuff, you could use JDBC ( You may need to start DB2's jdbc proxy server ).  Course you will also need to locate the DB2 driver.

GUIs are nice. I have used this one.
http://sqladmin.sourceforge.net/
B
Tuesday, October 04, 2005

You need the DB2 "Application Development Client". It is located somewhere in the bowels of IBM's god-awful website.
Duff Send private email
Tuesday, October 11, 2005

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics