The Design of Software (CLOSED)

A public forum for discussing the design of software, from the user interface to the code architecture. Now closed.

The "Design of Software" discussion group has been merged with the main Joel on Software discussion group.

The archives will remain online indefinitely.

B2B simulation!!!!!!!!!

Good day!
I have to simulate 'Bank Wire Transfer'. I need help because im very new to Web programming. Program goes like this ...A person has two bank accounts in one bank and he needs to transfer money from one account to other. Now there are two applications one made in ASP.NET and other in PHP. When person will login from ASP.NET application his user credentials will be taken and sent to PHP application which will verify user and send a 'logged in' or 'login failed' message back to ASP.NET. After logging in user will choose one account from ASP.NET application and transfer the money to other account. When user mention that he wants to transfer xx $ from one account to other in ASP.NET application, then this info. will be sent to PHP application and it wouuld send messages back and forth to ASp.NET application untill the transaction is completed. Now i think web services will be used here ? but how ? Any pointers, materials , tutorials or suggested solutions will be highly appreciated. I know there could be mistakes above , however, please ignore them and suggest some appropriate solution Please enlighten me. I will highly appreciate any help.
Thanks.
Stumped.... Send private email
Monday, October 03, 2005

You are writing BANKING software and you can't figure this out?  Oh my god.
Anon
Monday, October 03, 2005

Do yourself and your employer a favor - go to Burger King and ask for your old job back.
Anon2
Monday, October 03, 2005

Do us a favor. Tell us the bank for whom you are going to write this. I will make sure that I never do business with that bank!
JD Send private email
Monday, October 03, 2005

Sounds like a student asking for help with homework to me.
Developer #13
Monday, October 03, 2005

I think that you first need to RELAX your reliance on exclamation points and CLEARLY explain the problem. You're incoherent rambling isn't going to help us help you.
Stephen Caldwell Send private email
Monday, October 03, 2005

Hooray for outsourcing!
Aaron F Stanton Send private email
Monday, October 03, 2005

Send me your bank acount information. I will simulate a transfer. Then you can model the transaction.
hoser Send private email
Monday, October 03, 2005

I work missle defense system for US. It need talk to MySQL DB and shoot missle when big red button pushed. Please send me how to do this. I got big contract from US and don't know how program in Linux. I try open source looking but no find nothing on missles. I find rockets, no missles.

Help please.
ajhib
Monday, October 03, 2005

"ajhib", how am I supposed to get any work done now? That's just too f*cking funny.
Nick Hebb Send private email
Monday, October 03, 2005

The answer to the OP's question:

Squirrels.  Highly trained squirrels.
Sassy Send private email
Monday, October 03, 2005

pleas help i need to rite control software for medic equipment i need to read sensor for seeing if person alive and to release medication with valve controller software pleas i need an example code please in visual basic if posible. RESPOND QUICK ITS URGENT!!!
med
Monday, October 03, 2005

Well, folks thanks for your replies. 'Simulation' means simulation, Yes im a student and im not writing this for commercial purposes. If you can provide -any big ideas- about my problem i would appreciate that, I am not asking any code samples or write the whole application for me.
Tuesday, October 04, 2005

1. The process is rather trivial, and you might want to investigate "man in the middle" attacks while you work on your solution, involving tokens and possibly a "third" app to handle authentication... barring that a single ethernet cable between point A and B
2. Your question isn't "wrong", it's unprofessional. This means that we have all spent years learning how to tackle and chew on problems like this, and you are just expecting us to hand over our single most important asset, knowledge, without ANY kind of compensation.
  If I am coding a project and run across something technically difficult, I can ask for assistance. Generally, I would expect to ask in an forum where I know that I might also provide some assistance (or have in the past). There is a social contract involved where I give about as much as I receive.
  Architectural issues such as the one you are need help with are very case-specific in origin, but they have been solved time and again over the past 50 or so years. 
  Perhaps you might have received a better response had you shown at least a little research... a few academic papers and possibly examples... something that shows you're not just looking for a handout.

Open pad, sharpen pencil, bang head on desk until solution pours forth ... that (or variation involving opening IDE) is how we all did it ...
very little sympathy Send private email

Thanks folks and i really apologize for my attitude towwards attacking the problem. I have learnt a lesson here. Thanks.

ummmm... Hang on a minute while I make room for a shoebox under by bed. Ok now where where we?
Domainless
Wednesday, October 05, 2005

I am pleased to introduce myself, I am Babu, my company is providing providing services to outsource companies for as to programming in a wealth of fashions, not unlike the sweetmeats. Pleased to email me for the details, experts in C# WEB ASP.NET IIS C++ C DBASEIII FOXPRO RATIONAL ROSE.
Babu
Friday, October 07, 2005

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics