The Design of Software (CLOSED)

A public forum for discussing the design of software, from the user interface to the code architecture. Now closed.

The "Design of Software" discussion group has been merged with the main Joel on Software discussion group.

The archives will remain online indefinitely.

bit of info about SAP...

Have a meeting with a client next week that may lead to us getting some work to build a web-based system for them, including an e-commerce site and an intranet/extranet, etc.  They use SAP as a back-end but I don't know anything about it.  Can anyone give me some info or links that might be useful, or if anyone has done a web<->SAP thing before some advice would be good.  I don't expect to know everything but to go into the meeting with a bit of insight would be useful.

Thanks in advance
Friday, September 09, 2005
Look also for a bit of info about "Netweaver". It's SAP webapplication/webserver/webenabler part of the stack.

I don't know much about SAP, but if your customer is a all-SAP shop they probably use (or expect to use) NetWeaver.
Paolo Marino Send private email
Thanks Paulo, I'll check that out... cipher, I am aware of Google you know, I was hoping for someone to share any wisdom rather than randomly clicking links.
Try the SAP Design Guild
MT Heart
Saturday, September 10, 2005
u can also search the keyword "ABAP" for relational topics.
George Lau Send private email
Wednesday, September 14, 2005
Hi Surreal,

Most development news you will find on the SAP Developer Network:

Disclaimer: I am the community manager over there :-)

Enjoy, Mark.
Mark Finnern Send private email
Wednesday, September 14, 2005

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics