* The Business of Software

A former community discussing the business of software, from the smallest shareware operation to Microsoft. A part of Joel on Software.

We're closed, folks!

» Business of Software FAQ
» The Business of Software Conference (held every fall, usually in Boston)
» Forum guidelines (Please read before posting!)

Andy Brice
Successful Software

Doug Nebeker ("Doug")

Jonathan Matthews
Creator of DeepTrawl, CloudTrawl, and LeapDoc

Nicholas Hebb
BreezeTree Software

Bob Walsh
host, Startup Success Podcast author of The Web Startup Success Guide and Micro-ISV: From Vision To Reality

Patrick McKenzie
Bingo Card Creator

Andy Bryce - Hyper Plan

Andy, I tried to comment on your hyper plan thread but it's archived so I started this one.

I just saw this post on a cooking site regarding planning a Thanksgiving meal.  http://dish.allrecipes.com/thanksgiving-timed-right/?ms=1&prop25=171264126&prop26=RecipeNotes&prop27=2015-11-09&prop28=MainStory&prop29=Link_2&me=1&eaid=7851991

I immediately thought of Hyper Plan and thought the holidays are a great time to come up with a hyperplan "template" for a few planning scenarios - like meals, travel plans, Christmas shopping, etc.

My first thought was it could be free to attract new clients.  But you could also charge a little for them.  I have Axialis software for designing icons and they release icon sets from time to time for $ and I've bought some.

Just wanted to share that idea while it's in my mind!
Emily Jones Send private email
Monday, November 09, 2015
Thanks for the thought.

That is more of a gantt chart. Hyper Plan is aimed more at Kanban type charts (in multiple dimensions).

I do ship some sample plans with Hyper Plan, but it is hard to come up with generic planning templates as people have such different requirements and there are country specific and cultural issue.

I do intend to write some 'how to use Hyper Plan to plan x' pages, but I haven't got around to it yet. Still busy improving the software itself.
Andy Brice Send private email
Tuesday, November 10, 2015

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics