* The Business of Software

A former community discussing the business of software, from the smallest shareware operation to Microsoft. A part of Joel on Software.

We're closed, folks!

Links:

» Business of Software FAQ
» The Business of Software Conference (held every fall, usually in Boston)
» Forum guidelines (Please read before posting!)

Moderators:

Andy Brice
Successful Software

Doug Nebeker ("Doug")

Jonathan Matthews
Creator of DeepTrawl, CloudTrawl, and LeapDoc

Nicholas Hebb
BreezeTree Software

Bob Walsh
host, Startup Success Podcast author of The Web Startup Success Guide and Micro-ISV: From Vision To Reality

Patrick McKenzie
Bingo Card Creator

How to get reviews in blogs?

Hi,

Please share your experience - how to convince a blogger to write a review of my product?

I have a software product for photographers which is very popular in Europe in its small niche.

I tried to write to blogers and ask for the review. I choosed two kind of blogs: reviews of software in different niches and photo blogs with reviews of hardware and software for photographers.

I sent 20 requests and no responses.

What mistake I did?
Igor Kokarev Send private email
Thursday, May 28, 2015

Don't make it a review.

Write a problem solution article and ask to publish a guest post.

Make it a competition and offer free copies to their readers for some action they take.

When you solicit a blog owner, put yourself in their shoes and ask "what's in it for me".

Have a flick through a few magazines and see how it's done there. Mean's health and fitness type magazines are a good example.
Most (all?) of the articles are advertisements disguised as articles (advertorials).
Marcus from London Send private email
Friday, May 29, 2015

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for your advice! I'll try it.
Igor Kokarev Send private email
Friday, May 29, 2015

Being in the same predicament, I think Marcus' ideas are fantastic and will try them as well. Thanks Marcus!
Nicole Miller Send private email
Friday, May 29, 2015

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics