* The Business of Software

A former community discussing the business of software, from the smallest shareware operation to Microsoft. A part of Joel on Software.

We're closed, folks!

» Business of Software FAQ
» The Business of Software Conference (held every fall, usually in Boston)
» Forum guidelines (Please read before posting!)

Andy Brice
Successful Software

Doug Nebeker ("Doug")

Jonathan Matthews
Creator of DeepTrawl, CloudTrawl, and LeapDoc

Nicholas Hebb
BreezeTree Software

Bob Walsh
host, Startup Success Podcast author of The Web Startup Success Guide and Micro-ISV: From Vision To Reality

Patrick McKenzie
Bingo Card Creator

Implemented & Executed Online Web Startup ideas

How can I get a list of implemented business ideas as online services from internet early days till today?
I would appreciate your help and opinion in advance.
Active P Send private email
Thursday, April 02, 2015
This is not really possible, at least not in any meaningful way, especially as many services have been and gone.
Scorpio Send private email
Friday, April 03, 2015
A million venture is born each year in the United States. Very very few have the longevity to be around five years from their inception. It doesn't even matter what they are doing. It might be wise to refer to E-Myth to see what you can do to do better than rest.
Li-fan Chen Send private email
Friday, April 03, 2015
Well, there are countless of directories for that. I would look at a free directory such as Crunchbase and Alternativeto. But then these are essentially startups and enterprise levels software mashed together in a directory. Perhaps you should wait for a bit until ProductHunt matures a bit (it's still only under a year old) to really keep track of which startup makes it and which doesn't. Perhaps PH will add a metric for this in the future.
Vitaliy Send private email
Thursday, April 16, 2015

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics