* The Business of Software

A former community discussing the business of software, from the smallest shareware operation to Microsoft. A part of Joel on Software.

We're closed, folks!

» Business of Software FAQ
» The Business of Software Conference (held every fall, usually in Boston)
» Forum guidelines (Please read before posting!)

Andy Brice
Successful Software

Doug Nebeker ("Doug")

Jonathan Matthews
Creator of DeepTrawl, CloudTrawl, and LeapDoc

Nicholas Hebb
BreezeTree Software

Bob Walsh
host, Startup Success Podcast author of The Web Startup Success Guide and Micro-ISV: From Vision To Reality

Patrick McKenzie
Bingo Card Creator

#revivebos A petition to beseech the Joel God for better search

Whereas this forum is dying but some of us think it can be saved, and this is a noble and ennobling quest,

Whereas hundreds of people - some of them customers of fogbugz and especially Trello Gold and Business frequent this forum,

Whereas search here is hopelessly promiscuous, returning 60 results for "#refunds" going back 8 years but not the one entry I tagged with #refunds,

I beseech, implore, plead and invoke the Joel God to assign some engineering resources to make search, and therefore #hashtags, work here. We will do the rest.

As ever, you're humble [unpaid] and obedient servant, I remain,
Bob Walsh
Bob Walsh Send private email
Tuesday, December 23, 2014
I would like to sign the petition and humbly request that search results can be ordered by date/time (they seem to currently be ranked by relevance). Use case: searching for something where results from 2006/2007 are no longer relevant, so I want those at the bottom and most recent results first. Thank you
Billy Thorpe Send private email
Friday, December 26, 2014
Hm, here is the tagged post.

I could not get this to come up via Google search using "#refunds".

It did come up with "#refunds?" though.
Scott Send private email
Saturday, December 27, 2014
Bob, instead of trying to artificially create posts, it might be a good idea to dig into the archives and revisit some of the old posts as new discussion topics.
Bring back anon Send private email
Sunday, December 28, 2014

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics